Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hello everyone! I've had several questions about what I will be doing for the center of the flower. I actually hadn't thought about it until the day before people started asking. I spent some time debating about whether or not I was going to have just a plain center or a central quote. And, I thought, "If I have a quote in the middle then how am I ever going to decide what that quote should be?" Then, it hit me! I am going to use a quote in the center that defines the entire purpose of the piece. This piece is a reflection of my personality and a way for me to express myself freely without worrying about the opinion of others. I will be choosing a quote that has something to do with that, and I actually think I already know which one I am going to use. I am super excited about this and I haven't decided about the color for this quote yet.

9 comments:

  1. A quote that describes the whole project is perfect. One that describes how you feel and that will make the viewers understand the whole project. Maybe you can look at other artists that use quotes in their artwork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I cannot thank you enough for this idea! It is JUST what I needed. I was just thinking about how I needed to be posting about some artists that I can relate to, but I just didn't know what to research!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are using one central quote that will tie the whole piece together! I'm excited to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good. Make a decision and go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea. It will really get the message across of what your piece is about. I'm anticipating the quote you pick, and I'll be searching all the petals for my favorite quotes (I've already spotted some that I like).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aline! I'm glad that there are some that you like

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you've really thought about how much the center quote will impact your piece! It will definitely be the first thing people look at- which is so important. Can't wait to see what quotes you use and how this piece turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The center of this piece will literally tie it all together so it needs to be something that encompasses all of the ideas that you're putting out there! Will this central quote be several colors like the petals or will it be a singular color?

    ReplyDelete