Friday, February 13, 2015
Many people have asked me if the colors of the words have any meaning or if they are significant. At first, I didn't intend for them to, but I realized that they did. There are two sides to each petal, a side with words that are not my own, and another side of words that are my own for the most part. Without thinking I decided that I would paint the side with the words that were not my own with just regular acrylics that I didn't mix, and I decided to paint the side with my own words with mixed and customized colors. As I began to paint, I realized the association between the words and the paints themselves. On the side with the quotes that are not my own, the colors are not my own. On the side with the words that are my own, the colors are mixed and made by me. I thought that it was neat that without even thinking, I was able to make the project more personal and have another thing to talk about during critique!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love your associations between the paint colors and words and how they relate to you. Can't wait to see how you continue your exploration of text!
ReplyDeleteThanks Erica! I am excited too!
ReplyDeleteThat's neat! Did you come up with this early in the project or did it happen spontaneously?
ReplyDeleteIt kinda just happened spontaneously!
DeleteThis is very interesting. I like how the words that are your own are colored with colors that you are your own that you have mixed. How will these petals be presented? How will both sides be seen?
ReplyDeleteI will have the flower hanging from the ceiling so people can view both sides by walking around it!
DeleteI love how this process fits the meaning of the piece. I think it's always important to consider how the act of making your piece will relate to the meaning of the piece itself.
ReplyDelete