I have officially started working on my Christmas Memory project! I am starting to carve my memories into the plexiglass with a sharp object. I am continuing with the cursive handwriting because I believe that it makes it look more jumbled together like thoughts are supposed to be. I am also currently painting the frame that is going to go around it. I am painting it a dark red because it gives it a Christmasy feel. I am going to be adding soft coats of paint to it every day until it is finished. Here are some pictures of what I have done so far:

Madison,
ReplyDeleteNice that you posted pictures for us. Who are you looking at? Once again - this idea of incorporating text on a variety of substrates is interesting. This reflective surface...will this be an integral part of your work. What might it be reflect? the viewer? light?