This week, I was researching for an artist to blog about that related to me and my work. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've never blogged about an artist before like I am supposed to be doing(whoops). But, it's mainly because I have never really been able to find one to relate to. Well, I am so happy to finally say that I found one when I came across Donna Rumble-Smith. I have found my woman, people! Woohoo!!! Okay, anyways. Donna Rumble-Smith is an artist who works with text. This text "makes up handwritten letters, poems, stories, and thoughts of the past, present, and future." Her work tends to "capture special moments and reflections of conversations which are personal and intimate." My favorite thing about her work is that her work is often inspired by ramblings of opinions and life's wonders and annoyances. This has all been used in my work and I believe that my work relates to this because I use text in my work, but I also like to use excerpts of my favorite memories and ramblings of my opinions about certain things in my life.



No comments:
Post a Comment