Sunday, January 25, 2015

Time flies when you're having fun! I am super excited because my first petal is DONE. I'm very pleased with the result and am so excited to do 4 more! I have made some slight adjustments in the plan for my project while working on it. I've decided to cover each petal front and back with words and phrases. If I do this then I will present the piece hanging in mid air instead of hanging on a wall. I've never done this before with any of my pieces, so YAY! Also, I realized that there probably aren't enough quotes from just my Pinterest board to cover 5 huge flower petals front and back, so I am going to also being using some appealing song lyrics and excerpts from books that make me happy and/or speak to me. I've attached a picture of the first petal along with some of my favorite quotes and words from my Pinterest that are featured on it. Feel free to explore through the words in the petal. Some appear upside down, so be careful not to drop your computer in the process! ;)


This one is in the center



And my absolute favorite. Love this one!


12 comments:

  1. This is going to be very interesting and complex as the words begin to multiply. All the words will create entertainment to the eye and this will be a great way for the viewer to interact with your work. The viewers will be able to looking into the flower and read and relate some of these words and phrases to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly and Madison,
    Kelly, good points. Madison,The complexity of the work is beginning to unfold, both in dimension and in the unexpected references, lyrics and excerpts from books. Continue along this path of letting the work unfold and direct you as you make it. This is where the essence of the work begins to take hold...it’s in the making and you can’t preplan that! (good for people like you and I). And Kelly, even in your work you can relate. Look at what you are doing now. Kind of like life...all the best laid plans...hummmmm. And Kelly, nice comment on the viewer as participant. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those quotes! All the details in the finished piece are going to be very interesting! Do all of your quotes have a common idea? or are you just choosing any quotes/lyrics that catch your attention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erica! That's actually a great question because I was thinking about having a central idea for all of the quotes and I think that the idea is happiness and self esteem boosting compliments. I think that the whole idea behind this project is being able to express myself freely without worry.

      Delete
  4. This is going to be great! Are you just doing petals or will you have a stem and leaves as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is actually a great question. I think that I am going to just have the flower.

      Delete
  5. Will your flower have a center? You may want to put what is most important to you in the center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny that you ask because I am actually going to talk about that in my next post! Yes, I will have a center and I am planning to do EXACTLY what you suggested!!

      Delete
  6. I love this! Will the petals be in pencil or will you later give the petals color? If so, will the colors mean anything to you or not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Carol! Since the petals are filled with words I am going to paint each quote a different color. I'm thinking that I'm going to try to associate the colors and the quotes with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will you scatter the quotes and song lyrics, having songs on one petal and quotes on another, or will you put them together on petals? Also, if you still need more phrases to add, you might want to consider other things that have greatly impacted yourself (since this is a project abut you) that people have said to you to add into all of this! (Just a suggestion if you're still needing inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete