I love not only that his work expresses his beliefs, but also that he displays it in popular places where other people can see it. His pieces are like signs, and signs are made to get peoples attention and convince them to either buy a product, use a service, or to get them to think. In this case, I believe that his work gets people to think. It gets them thinking about what they believe in relation to what he believes. Or, it may make them wonder. This is also one of my own goals in my artwork. I love doing things that make people wonder or question why I write what I do.
I like the display of this one. It's mobile. Great idea, because a truck can be parked anywhere and can be moved if necessary. It gets the piece "out" more. Also, I love that it is just a simple thought.
One of the pieces where Robert Montgomery expresses his views.
Really really like this one because I feel like I can really relate to it. Not so much to the words, but more to the display and the way the words are jumbled together. I have done some pieces in the past that remind me of this, like the flower.



Nice connection. " It gets them thinking about what they believe in relation to what he believes. Or, it may make them wonder. This is also one of my own goals in my artwork. I love doing things that make people wonder or question why I write what I do.” And, excellent observation about the vehicle ( truck!) to carry the message - literally. How does a book (like the one you are thinking about making) carry a message? how might you make it accessible - or should it be or is it private? Good post if you will include the name of the work and where you got it. Thanks!
ReplyDelete