I am happy to have come across her because I have been fascinated with words for a long time, but had never really realized how much I loved neon. I had always thought of neon lights as a way for restaurants to show that they were "open" or "closed", or for them to show what they are serving. But, when I saw the way Kelly Mark combined the thoughts in her head with neon lights, I loved it.
Another reason I got so excited when I discovered her was because I discovered some of her artwork on Pinterest and would often pin it to my art board, but I never knew who the artist was or if they could be discovered. I think this is inspiring because it would be neat if I could find a way to do one of these projects myself.
This is my absolute FAVORITE piece of hers. I love this because this is something we can all relate to, the obsession with calling "shotgun" in middle school. Plus, its just a simple thought. I love that.
Not neon, but I love this one too. Just because it's her inner thoughts and show us a little about the artist as a person, but without revealing too much.



Nice that you looked at this artist and like how you documented your thought process when considering neon and its associations. You have use that Pinterest board as a source for many of your works. It is a collection or documentation of words, phrases that you like or feel sympathetic towards for one reason or another. It is interesting what you have done or what you could do with this. You could make something using your pins as a parody of sorts. Always cite your sources, college level academic work will demand it! Think of it as writing a paper as you blog and include the credits!
ReplyDelete